Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Voter registration deadline for March 1, 2016 Town Meeting & Presidential Primary election – February 24, 2016. The Town Clerk’s Office will be open on Wednesday, February 24 until 5 p.m. to accept registration applications.
- Absentee Ballots for the Presidential Primary now available. Please visit the Elections & Voting page (bottom of page) for information about how to request a ballot.
- March 1, 2016, Barnet Elementary School: Town & School District Annual Meetings, Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District Budget Vote & Presidential Primary. The annual meetings for the Town of Barnet and Barnet School District, Barnet’s vote regarding the budget of the Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District, and the Presidential Primary election will all be held March 1, 2016 at the Barnet Elementary School. Click on the links below for more information.
- 2016 Dog Licenses now available. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees this year are $9.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for others. A valid rabies certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained through the mail (Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821) or during the following times:
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.);
- At a Rabies Clinic to be held at the Ryegate Small Animal Hospital on Thursday, March 24 from 6 to 7 p.m.;
- At the Town Clerk’s Office on Saturday, March 26 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures
The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
– Tuesday, March 1, 2016 – Town Meeting Day
– Monday, May 30, 2016 – Memorial Day
Now Available for Download: